My name is Eloi Pujadas and I’m based in Barcelona. I’m a computer engineer by day and a board game designer by night.
PUBLISHED BOARD GAMES:
- WANTED 7 (GDM Games) – Oct 2017
- BIG BANG 13.7 (Invedars) – Mar 2018 (designed with Joaquim Vilalta)
- SHIKOKU (GDM Games) – Aug 2018
- VERACRUZ 1631 (GDM Games) – Sep 2018 (designed with Joaquim Vilalta)
- ORBITAL (DMZ) – Oct 2018
- TROIA (GDM Games) – Sep 2019
- ZOOM IN BARCELONA (Cucafera Games) – Oct 2019 (designed with Núria Casellas and Joaquim Vilalta)
- UXMAL (Blue Orange) – Oct 2019
- “Best New Author” in DAU-Barcelona 2019 (award shared with Joaquim Vilalta)
- “Best Spanish Creator” in BGC Málaga 2019
- SHIKOKU won the award for best board game published in Catalonia in the Festival del Joc del Pirineu 2019
- SHIKOKU: “Best Original Spanish Edition of the Year” in Hispa-DAU Barcelona Awards 2018
- VERACRUZ 1631: “Best Original Spanish Edition of the Year” in Hispa-DAU Barcelona Awards 2018
- BIG BANG 13.7: Finalist on 3rd Board game design contest in Festival DAU-Barcelona (Dec 2016)
- WANTED 7: Second prize on 10th Prototype Contest Concurs Ciutat de Granollers de creació de jocs (with the name G7) (May 2017)
- ORBITAL: Finalist on 11th Prototype Contest Concurs Ciutat de Granollers de creació de jocs (with the name Ukishima) (May 2018)
I have been playing board games all my life, although it has been only recently since I discovered the so called “Modern board games.” In the beginning of 2016, Joaquim Vilalta convinced me to design a board game with him. I was skeptical with the idea, as I didn’t see myself doing so. But his perseverance was worth it. We designed together the board game BIG BANG 13.7, and this made me discover a fascinating new world: the world of board game design. Since then I haven’t stoped constantly designing board game ideas that come up in my mind. And I hope it goes on like this, as I enjoy a lot the design and development phase of a board game.
I am always attending game festivals that are near Barcelona (Dau-Barcelona or Granoller) but also international events as well (Essen Spiel or Festival des jeux in Cannes). If you ever attend any of them, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with me!